Sunday, January 25, 2015

I've been nominated for the Creative Crew Blog Hop!

What fun! I was nominated my Jaime Hurley at http://jhurley90.blogspot.com/ to participate in a Blog Hop! I hope you will check out her blog, and also go on to check out my nominee, which I will post at the bottom of my blog post. The rules of the blog hop are as follows: 1. Create a project exclusive to the Creative Crew Blog Hop 2. to answer a few questions 3. to nominate (2) stampers that inspire me! (I only did one.. {blushes} ) Jaime taught me how to do the Bokeh technique, you can find it on her blog, and I will post my Bokeh style cards next week. My cards here, are inspired by Kristina Werner videos on Youtube. Watercoloring, but I used Stampin'UP! ink pads and refills, and our Aqua Painter brushes..love them! I used watercolor paper, taped around the edges with painters tape, to keep a clean white edge, and saturated the paper with water, then dropped and moved around 3 different colors of ink, Blackberry Bliss,Old Olive, and Coastal Cabana on one, the other is Blackberry Bliss, Melon Mambo, and Calypso Coral, until they were sort of blended, but not muddy. I used the heat tool to totally dry them, the, stamped the sentiments from the new Occasions catalog stamp set- Hello Life. The So Sweet was stamped on a strip of Vellum, and attached with our mini Handheld stapler. The panels were then adhered to a base of Blackberry Bliss, and the other is Coastal Cabana. Added a few sparkly rhinestones.. Fun, Fast, clean and Simple. Hope you enjoy!! Now for the questions-- 1. What are you working on? A. Right now this fun watercoloring, and also the Bokeh technique!! 2. How does your work differ from others in your genre? A. I think everyone has a different style they prefer, and right now I gravitate towards clean and simple, but I also like to add a bit of whimsy to my art. 3. Why do you create what you do? A. I am usually inspired by color combos, or fun techniques I see from all sorts of arty venues...painting, drawing (which I suck at, so I use rubber stamps! lol)I am inpired by so many stampers and artist, many of whom I want to be when I grow up! ;) 4. How does my creative process work? A. Umm.. usually i see and idea from somewhere, whether another stamper, or even magazine pages of color, style shapes etc. Then I just pull out boatloads of my supplies I THINK I want to use, and start playing. Usually whats in my head ends up completely different when Im finished with my art piece! Isnt that how it works?? My Nominee for The Blog Hop is Cindy Elam at http://heartsdelightcards.blogspot.com/ Please go visit her blog, and check out her Blog Hop post next Monday!!

6 comments:

M&M Momentos Uniquely 4 Ewe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M&M Momentos Uniquely 4 Ewe said...

Love the watercolor technique! These are amazing!!! What fun and creativity abounds in your crafty haven, Tandra!!! Congratulations on the nomination!!!

Amy said...

Tandra, these are absolutely gorgeous! You always have such a great eye for color, and that makes your art stand out. I need you to come and teach me how to do this lovely watercolor technique!

DB said...

Wonderful water coloring! Greetings from the Netherlands,
Danielle
Mrs. Brightside

Tandra said...

Thankyou so much Danielle!

Carolynn Sander said...

So pretty, I especially love the touch of vellum!