Tuesday, January 25, 2011

learning to solder a crown...




so i went to a soldering class in escondido, calif., about an hour away from where i live.


so.much.fun.! my friend patricia went with me. shes a jewelry maker, so she knows what she is doing. me, just learning!


here is my crown i made..it isnt finished. i was so slow *lol* , but all it needs is a front decorative piece. i have a vintage looking brass shell piece, some rhinestones, even a rhinestoney mermaid..i was trying to make it kinda beachy looking while i was in the class...maybe i've changed my mind..anyway here it is-----
click on the pics for a super close view! :)




8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very nice! crownly even . . .

Kim said...

ICE QUEEN!! Lovessss it!!!

Angie Tieman said...

OMG! I LOVE this!! Lucky girl to take that class!

Creative Mish said...

Very nice. What a fun thing to learn!

Anonymous said...

When you were telling me about the class I had no idea what you were making. It is so cute! Make more!
Mary Beth

Andrea said...

Your crown turned out great! That was such a great class. Can't wait for the one's in June. Thanks for visiting my blog:) Take care!

Diane said...

What fun. I love trying things out of the box and taking a break from paper to create other things. This is so adorable. Love all the creations on your blog.

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left a message for me today, so I could follow you here to drool over all your lovelies! I'll definitely be back. Thanks for your sweet comments.

Paula said...

This is very cool!!!