Wednesday, September 24, 2008

For MaryBeth!!! LOL The BLUE room...


Oooh LOOK! hee hee To the left is my halloween banner! LOL

OK so my darling husband (at most times! lol) painted the kitchen with a custom color I had made from a piece of paper- SU! Soft Sky ink rubbed into white cardstock!! LOL Seriously I DID!!! I have been a Tuscan (not Tuscon! lol) red and mellow yellow girl for YEARS!

ALL of a sudden BLUE is showing up all over my house! WELL!! Wouldnt you know it that the new blue I have, coordinates fantabulously with that red and mellow yellow! See the painted rooster next to the pumpkin floral thing(more about THAT later!). THAT was my inspiration! Blue, yellow, and red! Kinda Swedish, kinda not!
Click on a pic to see floral and color DETAILS!

One wall I will be using a pearl paint to make a large Harlequin pattern on the wall, just to make it 'special'! Break up the expanse of blue, make it different!

Oh, about that Pumpkin floral thing... I MADE that!! I dont 'do' floral design, I suck at it!

But I have to say, this came out pretty darn COOL! Saw one in Michaels for about $70. All the picks were .99 cents, I bought 6, and 2 large picks for 3.99.

Pumpkin was 8.99. I carved off the top of it ,(using it to make a halloween hat for a cement bust I have..more on that later too! Not 'MY' bust...lol)

So I tell ya, all those oranges and reds and yellows in the Pumpkin floral thing POPS off my new blue walls!!! Its FALL and Halloween in my house now! And about 90 degrees outside too!
Oh, and this card ( 2nd card) of Jan Tinklenbergs reminded me of my kitchen with the fall colors!!! Love ya Jan! http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2008/09/whos-lovin-me-n.html

Thanks for visiting!

15 comments:

Janine said...

Love you too, Tandra!

Sweet color on the walls! I love blue!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely room and great flowers. However, when you went to the paint store, did you notice any other colors? What did they say when you gave them an ink pad and said "Soft Sky and lots of it!"?
Mary Beth

Shannan Teubner said...

You go girl! I love this!

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey Tandra!

Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog! I'm glad you found me because I got to find you too! LOVE your cards and crafts! Such talent! I look forward to visiting you often! Best, Curt

Amy said...

BeeYOOtiful! I'm a Tuscan Red and yellow girl, too. Hmmm. Do I need Tandra Blue????

Traci G said...

Love this color! Love your banner too! And your floral arrangement....it rocks!!! For someone who claims she "sucks" at that sort of thing, I think you did a pretty darn good job!!!

Jenn said...

Hi Tandra!!!
I'm so happy you were able
to get one of my prints from the
NieNie Benefit Sale!! Thank you SO much:):):) Your house is absolutely wonderful...love the colors!! And your Halloween banner is the cutest thing ever:)
So nice to "meet" you!!!!
Happy weekend
xox...jenn

Beedubya said...

You've got an eye for colors, girlie! My husband thought I was kidding when I told him I want to paint the living room Riding Hood Red. I'll win. I always do.;)

patricia said...

OMG!! Tandra!! this is even more beautilious then i eva imagined! you are such a trend setter!
I think you NEED to have another 'Bangle' party, just to show off the new color palette!
I love it!
I love it!
I love it!

Anonymous said...

Tandra your home is lovely, and that colour combination is dynomite! Love your pumpkin arrangement and I really like how you have everything arranged. TFS!

Carol said...

Oops - Anonymous is me!

Carmen said...

Very cool!

Savor the Journey said...

Acccccck~
All I have to say is ...
Would you puuhhhleeeeeze get yourself over here to TEXAS! I have oh-so-many walls for you to help me conquer!!!

Name the dates, Missy!

(((hugs)))
Bev

Maranda Marie Burke said...

WOW you did an amazing job:)

Lydia said...

OMG you're right - it's gorgeous!!! Same as the pumpkin!!!

That color is perfect - can I have the paint formula? It's beautiful! I have been enjoying your paint saga for a long time.