Saturday, August 30, 2008

Say It With Scallops



oh this set is fun! 4 images stamp in a scallop shape, then you punch it out with the matching scallop punch! Marvellous!

I used Certainly Celery, then Baja Breeze ink on the edge of the stamp (Rock 'n' Roll), onto Shimmer white paper, Stamped large flower from Embrace Life in blue, then layer papers from Green Tea DS paper.

I dyed White Taffeta ribbon by pulling it thru Baja Breeze ink pad, then I saw the tech on someones blog - unravel one edge of the ribbon a bit, then pull on 1 of the threads running the length of the ribbon, and it will start to gather (with my numb fingers, it would've been faster to run to the sewing machine to gather it!! LOL) Doesnt it look PRETTY all ruffled?

I backed the scallop piece with Not Quite Navy and Old Olive textured paper, and roughed up the edges. Finally a light blue Rhinestone brad in the corner.

Thanks for visiting!

Click on pic for up close view!

Tandra

13 comments:

Amy said...

Love it! I've been trying to ruffle my ribbon, but hadn't used it on a card yet! :-)

Kim said...

LOVE the ruffled ribbon! You will have to show me how to do it!

Angie Tieman said...

wow! This is mah-velous!! I am drooling over here!

sandyh50 said...

Hi TAndra, I just did the ruffled ribbon on a card this morning at my stamp class. REally unique. Love your card!

Maria said...

Hi Tandra!

I really love your cards!! The papers are so pretty and I totally love the color combo!! Such a beautiful elegant card!

Maria

Elizabeth said...

Your card is gorgeous! I haven't been able to figure out the ruffled ribbon yet. Shelli made it look so easy at Convention. I can't seem to get it to work.

I can't wait to see your Diva IC on Thursday!

Hugs!

Jill St. Angelo said...

Beautiful card. I love it!

Corie said...

This card is just sooooo pretty

Kimberly said...

You're a stampin maniac! You keep making beautiful cards. Love it!

Saige/Grace said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! You're so talented I can barely stand it!! Thank you so much for sharing. Your site is wonderful!!

--Gracie at everythingcricut.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Nice! I love the colors!

Micki said...

Beautiful cards!

Cheryl said...

Tandra very, very pretty!