Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Faux Fresh Cuts!




LOL I bought the Fresh Cut notecards that have a laser cut flower on the front, but I keep making my own instead!!
Rose Red Textured paper, cut 6 x 2 1/2", then folded to 3 1/2 size. Punched out 5 Petal Flower punch on front, then backed it with Cutie Pie flowered paper, and scalloped the edge. Used the Slit Punch to make a tab and punched a tiny GREEN flower for the top of tab, to hold the scalloped edge closed. Added a strip of striped Cutie Pie paper for edge.
Punched a 5 Petal Flower from Vellum cardstock, then re-punched the petal edges with the pointy tip of the punch (using just one of the points of the petal). Dang I should've taken a pic of how I did that! Just slide the tip of your punched out flower into one of the petals the flower punch, and punch off a point! Make it as deep as you want! I scored th eback of th evellum flower to give it some dimension. Layered another tiny flower on top to hide the pop-dot I used to adhere flower on top of opening.
My that sure got wordy didnt it?? LOL
Click a pic to see more clear details!
Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

Kim said...

Love the tab..way cute!!

Jill St. Angelo said...

Wow! This is beautiful.

jackiestamps4fun said...

Wow! So cool! And I really love the vellum flower and how you made it extra texture-y! Hugs, Jackie

patricia said...

LOVE the color! these are so pretty,when are you going to open an etsy store so I can buy them?

Corie said...

This is just adorable -- love it

Wanda. said...

WOW, I just LOVE this card!

Anonymous said...

Got my "real" one in the mail yesterday and it is adorable! Thanks, oh clever one!
Mary Beth

Eileen said...

So cute! I love the vellum flower!

nitestamper said...

this is just beautiful, love how you used the vellum and what a fantastic design. tfs:)
chat

Elizabeth said...

Tandra- Love all your Fresh Cuts cards! BTW, you've been tagged! ;)

Lisa said...

This such a beautiful project. Nice job and great colors and little detail.