Friday, January 18, 2008

RE-Painted Living Room...






And its NOT Soft Sky!! LOL We decided it was toooo much blue!! So we did it in Behr "Cup of Cocoa". Im so used to light walls with texture!

And now I have to beg/cajole/pay/whine to get my husband to paint the back dining room Soft Sky! (Its brown too..)I have 2 gallons of the stuff!! And my kitchen will be a warmer ochre-y yellow. Accent colors black, brown, vintage white (and tiny bits of red and soft sky-ish! lol).

The living room looks real bare now, but I have a million different black wood frames to hang on that BIG bare wall! A'la Pottery Barn! I still cant put my Mercury glass trees and vintage ornaments away- I just love them!! I know-I know- they'll be gone soon....

So here are some shots- Oh and my FAB husband painted my mantel black, and the tall black shutter-shelf-hooks thing black and they look great!

Click to enlarge them!


3 comments:

suzi finer said...

delicious color...I adore a fresh tone-change; makes such a difference!
love.

Tex said...

Fabulous black accents, Tandra!! I can certainly understand "too much soft sky" ... but this is warm and soothing!

AND look at those vintage bottles/jars!! A woman after my own heart indeed!!

~Tex

Lucky Red Hen said...

LOVE the black mantle! I have a gallon of black glossy to paint my interior french doors (not the glass, LOL; my hubby thought I was going to paint in the glass too). I have about the same brown in my living room as you do... will be posting my house online soon (we moved here in August and putting the final touches in soon).

Thanks for commenting on MY blog!

:o) Piper's mom